An Overview of SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Now-a-days the most exciting thing to happen to marketing and promotion is to increasing the use of online technology to promote brands, particularly social media. Social media is any tool or service that uses the internet to facilitate conversation.
Social media marketing
- Social media marketing is the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media
- It programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it across their social networks.
Creating and leveraging a social media campaign
Social media is an exciting new field, and its potential for expanding a brand’s impact is enormous. Because its costs are often minimal and its learning curve is relatively low, some organizations are tempted to dive headfirst into social media. However, as with any marketing campaign, it is always important to start with a strategy.
- Owned media
Is the online content that the organization creates and controls, it includes blogs, web sites , facebook pages, and other social media presence. The main aim is to develop deeper relationships with customer.
- Earned media
Is a PR term connoting free media such as mainstream coverage. In an interactive space, media is earned through word of mouth or online buzz about something the brand is doing. It includes viral videos, retweets, comments on blogs and other forms of customer feedback resulting from social media presence.
- Paid media
Is content paid by the company to be placed online. Eg. Online advertising
- Listen and learn
- Build relationship and awareness
- Promote products and services
- Manage reputation
- Improve costumer service
Pros and cons
- Increased Brand Recognition
- Improved brand loyalty
- More Opportunities to Convert
- Richer Customer Experiences
- Improved Customer Insights
- Relevant content
- The risk of negative comments
- Time Consuming
- Hackers’ Threat
Use social media in the positive way, try to be active and updated.